Translate

YUM!

Yum

Google Cookies

Due to the new European Union Law GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which started on May 25, 2018, I inform you and confirm to you that Google uses cookies automatically on my blog including the use of Google Adsense, Google Analytics and other collected data. You are giving your consent when reading this blog. Thank you.


Sunday 27 March 2016

How To Bake Alaskan Pollock


It´s been a long time since I have written a recipe in my Thellys Cucina International site and so I am here again and share to you what I have cooked in my kitchen. Sorry to have neglected this site and I will try my best to update at least once a month. Writing in many sites keep me busy that I have neglected some of my "babies."

Baked Alaskan Pollock 
Alaskan Pollock or as we call it here in Germany Alaska Seelach, is one of the best fishes I have eaten here in my adopted country. Though we are far from the sea, we could still buy frozen fish from Aldi and other supermarkets. Most of the fishes are from the North Sea or from Alaska and Asian countries.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Alaskan Pollock, frozen without intestine and head (ca.1kg.)
  • 50 gram butter, soft
  • 1 clove of garlic, skin off and chopped
  • a few chives and parsley, washed and chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 lime

Procedure:
  1. Defroze and wash the fish. Pat dry.
  2. Put the fish in a baking tray lined with baking paper or brush the tray with cooking oil. 
  3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the fish.
  4. Put the soften butter in a small bowl.
  5. Add the herbs chives, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
  6. Mix them well and spread the herbs mixture inside the opened tummy of the fish.
  7. Distribute the remaining butter herbs mixture on top of the fish.
  8. Sprinkle the juice of half lime on the fish. You can use the other half of the lime for decoration in serving the baked fish.
  9. Bake it in a 200°C preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the skin turn golden brown.
  10. Serve with boiled rice and vegetable salad.

I don´t use alufoil in baking fish when I use citrus fruit as I have heard than it is not healthy. I have read that a chemical reaction when using citrus fruit in baking with alufoil is dangerous to my health and so I am careful.

Thanks for reading and enjoy your Easter season. Feel free to share, twit and pin this recipe to any social media sites that you have. You can comment as well below. Have a great day!

Copyright 2016 © Thelma Alberts, All Rights Reserved








No comments:

Post a Comment