Translate

YUM!

Yum

Google Cookies

Due to the new European Union Law GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which started on May 25, 2018, I inform you and confirm to you that Google uses cookies automatically on my blog including the use of Google Adsense, Google Analytics and other collected data. You are giving your consent when reading this blog. Thank you.


Wednesday 12 October 2016

How To Make Nilagang Baboy or Pork Soup


The other day, I went food shopping in our city supermarket. I really did not know what to buy for our meal as I have  lots of options here in the Philippines in cooking some of my favorite Filipino foods. My eyes are always bigger than my  tummy. How can I ever reduce my weight when there are loads of local goodies I can eat.

Being here in my home country, I just want to eat local food. Anyway, when I reached the meat compartment, I saw the chopped pork legs and I thought why not. I have not eaten pork legs soup or Nilagang Baboy since I arrived here.

Nilagang Pork is a Filipino soup made of pork and vegetables and spiced with ginger roots. Pork chops, pork ribs or chopped pork legs are usually used. Below is how I made  my Nilagang Baboy or Pork Soup.


Ingredients:

1 1/2 liter water
4 pieces chopped pork legs
2 bundles of  petchay or pak choy
1 ginger root, smashed
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 piece of Labuyo / chili pepper (optional)
1 packet of Magic Sarap broth
salt and black pepper powder to taste
a few chopped spring onions


Procedure of Nilagang Baboy:


  1. Wash the chopped pork legs and boiled them in the pot with 1 1/2 liter water and skinned and smashed ginger root until tender.  Add water if it has reduced in the process of cooking.
  2. Wash the labuyo and add it unopen in the pot  of pork meat. (optional)
  3. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables by washing them and slice them in your desired sizes.
  4. When the meat is tender add the sliced petchay and red pepper (atsal). Let the soup boil.
  5. Add Magic Sarap broth, salt and spring onions.
  6. Serve with boiled rice and salad.
Tips:
  • Labuyo is a local chili and it is so hot if you open it when cooking. You can omit this from your Nilagang Baboy if you want.
  • I added Magic Sarap broth to intensify the taste of the soup. You don´t have to use this. Just spiced the soup with salt and black pepper powder.
Thanks for reading. Please feel free to comment or share this to any of your social media sites.

Copyright 2016 by Thelma Alberts, All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment